In honor of this past International Women’s Month and although it’s April, jokes on you. I’m still sharing, because every day women are making history.
I decided to write about 3 women who inspire me be a better woman and to do more with my life. I know that the ultimate goal is to not only to be inspired to be better but to learn and then DO better.
If you know anything about Maya, is that she was strong. She went from having anxiety about speaking after being sexually abused to becoming a world famous writer. Her story of pain and abuse led her to leave the world with some of the most powerful words ever written.
What I’ve learned:
- I’ve learned that in every ugly situation there is hope.
- You have a choice in every situation. You can fight back and develop new skills or you can let it defeat and silence your voice forever.
- Words can help you learn how to heal.
- Don’t be afraid of the power you hold inside.
I don’t know how many of you know who Mel Robbins is. Honestly I didn’t know who she was either until I came across a video of hers on YouTube. It was called the 5 Second Rule. No, not the rule about food, but a rule to help you change your thinking and motivate yourself to get things done. You can check our that video here She went from being a lawyer who’s anxiety went unchecked for several years despite being under the care of a therapist, to being a top paid professional speaker and show host. Her mindset shift is what led to her ultimate success.
What I’ve learned:
- Even if you might have your life “figured” out there is nothing wrong with wanting more and going after it.
- The people you least expect are also struggling. It’s important to lean on each other.
- You can still be rough around the edges i.e you can cuss and it’s okay. Who cares what other people think?
- Practical activities I can apply to my life to fight back against anxiety. Backed by science and facts.
Now if you don’t know WHO she is, you should! Koreyelle rhymes with L’Oréal as she says is a former teacher who turned her $32k teaching salary into a six- figure business. This woman gets busy! She’s out here changing the lives of women in her online school called Werk University. She teaches women of color how to use the skills they already have to build the business of their dreams and I’m all here for it! The great thing is you can get in on this too! It doesn’t matter if you’ve been wanting to build a side hustle or build a business so that you can finally leave your 7-?. As a current middle school teacher this really resonates with me. I believe that there is nothing wrong with wanting more for myself. I have the skills I need to be truly independent and I am going to figure it out at all costs.
What I’ve learned:
- You have the skills to pay the bills! The dreams that you’ve been sleeping on are the ones that will lead you to success.
- Collaboration is key to being successful.
- There is nothing wrong with monetizing your experiences & expertise and there’s a million ways to do it!
If your interested in learning more about Koreyelle and Werk University click here
You know I had to give you one more!
I first heard about Lisa Nichols on the Steve Harvey Show. I was at home multi tasking and hearing her story literally made me stop in my tracks. There she was telling her story about the time she had to wrap her infant son in a towel because she had no money to buy diapers. It was in that breaking moment she decided to change her life. She decided that she could and would be destined for more. She has since gone on to become an international speaker and best selling author who has helped over 80 million people world wide. You may have also seen in her in the Netflix documentary “The Secret”.
What I’ve learned
- It’s okay to be vulnerable enough to share your story. You never know who you might inspire.
- learning how forgive yourself is key to a healthy relationship with yourself.
- Having an abundant life can be obtained by anyone.
- Consistent and committed action is key to unlocking the law of attraction
You know what these women all have incommon?
They all believe in the power of affirmations. They believe in the power of building their dreams by sowing the right words to feed the right mindset. That’s why I created the #Weak2Concrete Affirmation Masterclass. You know that you desire more for your life and I’m here to help you get it! Sign up now for the FREE course and let’s get those dreams happening!